LONG TERM RENTALS
Long Term Rentals
Why You Need A Professional Long Term Rental Manager
Do You know…
- Fair Market rent value for the size and location of your property?
- What constitutes discrimination against an applicant?
- You cannot discriminate against children or familial status?
- The portion of law pertaining to service animals vs. pets?
- What notice to serve your tenant for unpaid rent?
- What notice to serve your tenant for breach of lease terms?
- What notice to serve a month to month tenant for termination of lease?
- How to begin the eviction process?
- Your responsibilities for holding security and other deposits?
- What repairs are required under the landlord tenant act?
- Time frame for effective renewal or termination of lease?
- The provisions for return or claim against the security deposit?
- What laws apply to claim abandoned property left by the tenant?
Do You Have…
- An easily read and recognizable “For Rent” sign?
- An Internet website that attracts tenants?
- Access to list your property with the local board of realtors?
- Access to current sales date if tenant offers to purchase?
- Federal lead paint disclosures & booklets and know the laws?
- A 24-hour emergency line for the needs of your tenant?
- Vendors to service the needs of your property?
- Vendors who are licensed and insured?
- Vendors that will respond as per the landlord tenant act?
- Access to an affordable attorney for free legal advice?
- Move-in and move-out forms and policy statements for tenants?
Are you familiar with…
- The Federal Housing Law?
- The Federal Americans with disabilities act?
- The landlord tenant act?
- The transient tax requirements of state and local governments?
- The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act?
- Your state and local ordinances for renting your property?
- Check credit, eviction and criminal records of applicants?
- Verify employment and income?
- Reach past landlords for tenant references?
Rental Management Services…
- Tenant screening for credit, civil and criminal records.
- Free rental analysis.
- Continuous training for Property Managers.
- Full service accounting for rent collection, bill payment and IRS 1099 reporting.
- Inventory service available.
- Free sales market analysis for your property.
- Fair market rates for appliance, AC and general repairs.
- Full compliance with Federal Fair Housing.
- Full compliance with Federal Fair Credit reporting.
- Full compliance with Federal lead pain disclosure.
- Full compliance with Virginia Landlord tenant act.