- Ensure that you have reviewed the terms and conditions of your lease agreement carefully. If in doubt, check with the rental office.
- Before your trip, confirm the amenities that are included in the rental home to assist you in planning and packing more efficiently. For example, will the home include water toys, DVD players, video game stations, wireless Internet or other recreational features?
- Check to be sure you have directions to our office. Please remember our address is 11006 Kentucky Springs Road in the New Bridge Landing Shopping Center (Food Lion). Our office is open until 5:30 pm during the summer and 5:00 pm all other times. If you are going to be late be sure to contact us at (855) 894-9400 for late check-in instructions.
- Don’t forget to download our app for Apple or Droid mobile devices. This app will give you additional information about the area including restaurants and things to see and do.
- Because you are renting in a rural area, all of our homes are on septic systems and only toilet paper can be flushed. All other items need to be put into the trash cans. It also means that grease can not be rinsed down the kitchen drains. In fact, most houses do not have garbage disposals because of septic systems. Also, parking or driving on the grass is strictly prohibited because of possible damage to the septic system.
- Most homes have phones but no long distance is provided. If you do not have a cell phone and want to make long distance calls you will need a calling card.
- Linens and towels are included as part of the rental. You will need to bring towels for swimming and boating.
- When you get to the house locate the house manual. In that manual there are directions on how to operate the TV’s and DVD players. Most importantly though, some owners turn off the water and hot water heater if the house is going to be empty for any period of time. If you don’t have water (or hot water). Check the circuit breaker panel and make sure that everything is turned on. Without electricity…you won’t have water. All of the homes are on wells and require a well pump to move the water from the well to the house.
- Maid service is provided at departure. If, however, you are staying longer and would like a maid to come in and clean during your stay, that service is available.
- Our office has an emergency line for after-hours emergency. You will be provided with that number at check-in. The number is also included on your check-in package. If the call is an emergency, someone from our office will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Most of our homes are in communities. Please remember to lower your voices (sound travels very far on the water) and turn the radio down after 10:00 am.
Other items you may want to bring…
Even though all of the kitchens are stocked with the basics…pots and pans, kitchen utensils, cutlery and dishes you may want to consider bringing special cooking tools, aluminum foil, storage containers, and plastic bags. Don’t forget condiments, cooking oil, and baking supplies. You will also need some cleaning supplies including dish towels, sponges, dishwashing detergent and dish soap. The homes will have a very limited supply of paper towels, toilet paper and napkins.
In addition you will need soap, shampoo, and conditioner for the bathrooms. For your enjoyment don’t forget the CD’s, DVD’s and a radio. You will need laundry detergent, bleach and fabric softener if you are going to utilize the home’s washer and dryers. Remember if the washing machine is a front loading or a newer model, chances are it will require HE laundry detergent. Outside you will probably need sunscreen, some sort of water shoes, insect repellent and water gear.